2. Before you buy, be selective. Scrutinize items for build quality, fit, finish, functionality and lasting style. If an item is not perfect, catch and release it.
3. Do more with less. Add a few key pieces to your wardrobe and wear them until they dissolve.
4. Shop from yourself and from thrift shops. Repurpose strategic items from the past.
5. Support apparel companies that manufacture their products in the US. Buy products still proudly made in their traditional country of origin.
6. Contact manufacturers and let them know what they should offer. If you’re a woman and you love classic heritage styles, ask them to offer their products in your size.
7. Find out what products are manufactured in your region. Visit factories and publish reports.
8. Wear wool and linen year round. Experiment with summer weight woolens, and heavier linens.
9. Come up with a signature uniform. Wear it once a week.
10. Read historical newspapers and magazines. Learn about lost brands, fashions, and manufacturing traditions.